Welcome To Exmouth Light Orchestra!
Home to our 66-strong Symphony Orchestra, with musicians coming from across East Devon, Somerset, West Dorset, Exeter and Torbay.
Playing this term:
Please see our new Music Gallery menu item for YouTube demo tracks and playalongs.
Recently added to the Music Gallery:
Various sections from 'Gigi' with score reading practice and rehearsal marks;
Plus the theme music from the 23rd James Bond film 'Skyfall'.
Baroque Day, 30th March is in the Church Hall of St John The Evangelist, Withycombe Village Road, EX8 3AE (next to the Tennis Centre);
Plenty of parking in the church grounds - see below for more details.
Saturday 13th July 2019 at 7.30 pm: venue is Holy Trinity Church, Exmouth.
Saturday 23rd March: our next rehearsal at 10.15 for 10.30 am start.
Saturday 30th March: the last rehearsal of this term - 'Che Bella Musica Barocca!'
- in the Church Hall of St John The Evangelist, Withycombe Village Road, EX8 3AE (next to the Tennis Centre);
- the initiative of our cellist Alastair Thom (RCM);
- music by Bach, Handel, Rameau and Vivaldi;
- morning session 10.30 am until 12.30 pm with interval coffee break;
- afternoon session 1.30 until 3.00 pm with tea and cakes to follow;
- mini-concert to family and friends 3.30 pm; all finished by 4.00 pm;
- FREE to ELO members, their family and friends - all welcome to tea and cakes after 3.00 pm!
Saturday 27th April: the start of the summer term.
We're always on the lookout for 'rusty' or medium-to-experienced players of orchestral instruments, especially:
bassoonists, trombonists and a tuba player! See the 'About Us' page.
We meet weekly in term time on Saturday mornings.
Please contact the conductor Daphne Harlock by telephone on 01395 278497 or 07752 673212.